Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I edit the songs the whole world sings

     I'm not a big "chick flick" person, nor do I fare easily into mindless movies whose stars are better suited for their known television roles. However, I just finished watching Suburban Girl with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alec Baldwin. It is a fairly recent movie, only having a slow decline into premium cable viewership. I've honestly not heard about it until catching a random five minutes a couple weeks ago. Having rented it, it got lost among the saved pile. Today was the first time I got to watch the film, in its entirety, on the same channel I caught it originally.

     The premise of the film takes us to New York, where a fledgling associate editor to a publishing company (Gellar) stumbles upon an often misguided May-December romance with a rival firm's powerhouse CEO (Baldwin). There were times where it was a little droning, but as a whole, the movie was halfway decent. Hearty one liners mixed well with the bold undertones (often set a little heavy in some places) of the old "this age difference really is the problem".  Without ruining the movie for people who'd want to see this, I think that in the end, it plays nicely with the general public's view on relationships, jobs, and life as we know it. From a scale of one to ten, I'd give this a five and a half, boarding 6.


Suburban Girl via IMDB