Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

On the first night of Chanukah...

... my true love gave to me....

Nothing. I didn't ask for anything.

Happy Chanukah, everyone. Tonight started the first night, and everyone is ripe and rearing to go in their wishes. I know that several people on Twitter started posting this morning. Radio stations, celebrities, Prime Ministers... you name it, it's out there.  

There's even Neil Diamond singing Adam Sandler's Chanukah Song with animation. Don't know how valid that video is, but is sure sounds like the man who said Caroline was Sweet (A little research actually proves it's real; Diamond put it out last year, in his Christmas album. I did not know that!)!


(nicked from Diamond's Youtube channel)

Gone are the meanings of the holiday. In its place are the joker songs, trivialities, and mixed marraiges - more a common practice these days, then the practicing of the shofar. But who am I to judge? I'm just another person, taking it day by day and (not) enjoying the cold weather. Only good thing about the holiday this year: it knocks the season out early enough that I don't have to worry about declining parties because they all conflict on the same week!


Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!