Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This is from an HR source?

It seems like all I do is talk about job stuff on here lately. Trust me, it's easier to find some wrongs with employment opportunity postings, than fixing AP copy.

At any rate, I received an email from an HR representative with a video production position that I applied to a few weeks ago. Now, I know that all these responses are normally canned emails, but when they are written so poorly, it makes me question how many responses they get a day, that there's such bad spelling.

Hello-
We have received your resume iin response to our posting for a Video Prodcuer/Editor, and will be in touch with you if your skills and background are a match for our position.
Thank you for your interested in USA Water Polo, Inc, and we wish you great success in your job search!
Best Regards,
Human Resources






Erm, "[...]iin response to our posting[...]" ? Misspell one. 
"Thank you for your interested in [...]" Word usage! Yes, I was interested in the job, but my interest now relies in finding something else. 

It's a wonder why people still have jobs, with the way emails are written...

Cheers,