Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

One more review

In the "rush" to write the numerous camera swag reviews from last week, I failed to mention one of the most used pieces in my arsenal: My telephoto zoom lens.

Cruising around the city, sometimes on a bicycle, most times in the car, you find certain things you typically aren't used to.
For example, there are certain fields in the city where you can find cows. All sizes and shapes. Where a normal camera lens can get the whole pasture, the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras can get the hoofed animal right where you want it. Up close and personal.

(what the lens looks like: )

This picture, of one of the medium sized cows, was taken by the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW). Keep in mind, I'm in the car, so I had to be quick. No, I wasn't driving. I was in the back seat.


There are only two very minor issues I have with this lens. The first one, is cosmetic. I didn't realize the heft of it. Trying to get "that great shot" of something, it's a heavy little bugger to hold for 30 seconds (or more). I've had my share of blurred photos with it because you don't think you're moving the camera that badly. But, once you can get the shot, you're aces. The second one, based on the first issue, is the fact there is no image stabilizer on it. A lot of lenses come with a second slider on its base. There is first the AF/MF (auto focus / manual focus) button, but no image stabilizer. I think it would do some of the shaky pictures justice by having that. Hell, my normal lens has it, and although it is not a big noticeable difference, you can tell it's cleaner. 

All in all, the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras does its job and it does it great. I always like to be able to go out and take pictures with it. Since Florida is so vast and open in places, you just never know what you'll see.

Cheers;


More examples:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!