Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mmm...shiny!

As long as I keep the raccoon out of the bathroom, my tub can stay pretty clean. It's no longer as dirty as certain pop musician's careers.

Over a week of extended guests and their stay in my house, I finally have a free moment to scrub the hell out of my water closet. I'm not the most perfectly clean person, by any means, but after dealing with someone's wet wash cloths and over squeezing the tooth paste, I had itching tendencies to start clean bombing three days before they left (yes, I was cleaning in between the days they were here... it's just the whole place needed to be shifted).

I wish I had taken a before picture, but after using the Mr Clean Magic Eraser Handy-Grip Bath Kit
, my tubby sparkles! Not to be confused with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Cleaning Pads, the one I used is for the bathtub. I'm sure you can use the latter, but the handy grip is sooo much easier than scrunching up the sponge. Plus, the refill kit is an additional bonus, since it's flat packed and can be stored separately under the sink. 

 


 



I did use the tub eraser on the doors too. Makes things a little easier to get the grime off. Florida water has some extra calcification / sulfur in it, that makes clear items look way too cloudy. The other thing I tried with the doors, happens to be a cool little secret: Invisible Glass for Window, Windshield and Mirror Cleaner, which is surprising, as it is sold for car window and mirror cleaning. 

I've tried and tried, using different cleaning products, and I used to swear by the Scrubbing Bubbles version. They sadly discontinued the handy grip and extra sponges ("Action Scrubber"), which is a total downer. You can find it online, but you're at the whim of who ever is selling it. Like the marketplace in Amazon, SC Johnson has the sponges, but the gripper is no longer available. It's way over priced, and that's only because it's been dead parroted. However, the Mr. Clean is the exact same product, only under a different brand. Works the same, and truth be told, a little better!! Plus, the sponge actually stays on the gripper with the Mr. Clean, as opposed to the Action Scrubber's sponge - it would fall off every few minutes. 

With all the times I go to other stores, spend $20 here, $5 there, I'm finding if I use a combination of LA's Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner (32 oz- Compare to CLR), LA's Totally Awesome BANG - Bathroom & Shower Cleaner 32 oz., and the Home Store All Purpose Cleaner (with Bleach), I get the yuck starting between the tiles, gone. Of course, it's not recommended to use it all at once / together, but I make sure I wash each spray before using the other. 

I really think the water here is so bad for cleaning. Recently, I've found that using the hot setting in my dishwasher, my glasses are still coming out water stained. The shower doors are streaking and the more I wipe them after each use, the more the calcification just moves to another part of the door. There has to be a way to better clean everything and not go broke at the same time. If anyone knows, I'm open for suggestions. Please don't hesitate to leave a comment. 

Cheers and happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!