Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, January 11, 2016

I heard the news today, oh boy...

It is with great sadness that I am getting on the "RIP" wagon, and reporting that David Bowie has passed away Sunday, January 10, 2015, at the (somewhat young) age of 69.

No, it is not a hoax, as a lot of conspiracy theorists are saying, due to the fact Blackstar () has dropped just a mere three days ago. It's not a publicity stunt, as sometimes, we have to think better of ourselves and whom we are speaking about. I think the last "stunt" that was pulled, was when Ziggy Stardust told a crowd that "this is the last time we'll ever perform". Theoretically, it was the last time Ziggy performed, as Mr. Bowie went on to create several new personas.


There are no words to sum up the awe and inspiration that the original "Davy Jones" has brought upon me and the rest of the world. Like a lot of people, I'm just gutted. I sit here and want to articulate something of importance on this blog, but I can't seem to get the words out.

I went to peruse one of the original social networks I signed up for "all those years ago" (and of all things, a perverted sounding site called Teenage Wildlife.. it's a db fan page). Because it's been so long since it was updated, one can not register a username anymore. I remember my email for the place (but the mailbox links are broken), my original screen name and now the  new one. Like a lot of users logging in to it today, they barely remembered their credentials because the site has become one of those foreclosure houses you see - people acknowledge its existence, but no one wants to buy it. The original owner of TW (Evan Torrie), bless his heart, kept the place running for many years. Plenty of moderators were running around "in the day" ("housekeepers" if you will), and due to an illness taking much of Mr. Torrie's time, the place got let go. So users were fed to the wolves, in some cases. But a lot of the main members came back today, writing down their thoughts on the boards, I remember from when I joined - they were already the popular kids when I started. We all got to know each other and got to joking around.

It's a bad day when everyone goes back to the place that originally drew them in, what seems like forever ago. People change in the meantime... life happens, as it has proven these last 24 hours.

I really wish there was more to say, but where we are already 11 days into the new year, and this is my first post. I don't want to further jinx or say anything. I must also report that Lemmy from Motorhead has also passed within the week (old news), but can not comment on his death, as I wasn't a Motorhead fan; I only know of his name and mustache.

Fare well... pray for peace and be good to yourselves... see you in the next session.

Cheers;





See also:
Google keyword search

BBC Entertainment write up


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!