Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Rocked out covers album

Who knew one of the most talked about "I don't do covers" covers album, actually sounds halfway decent?

I picked up a copy of Dolly Parton's Rockstar album the other day and was amazed with the list of musicians singing along with the Queen of Country. 

I mean when you put A-List musicians like Richie Sambora, Sting, Stevie Nicks and Waddy Wachtel, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Debbie Harry (and the list goes on) with someone who is creating an album out of their realm, what's the worst that can happen?

Nothing catastrophic considering each individual person on record has enough talent that they could have done their own compilation karaoke mix tape and sell it right next to this one. 

Okay, it's country gone mainstream rock, but at least it's better than William Shatner talking through some of his albums. There's another musician that I am blanking out on at the moment, but he too, is one of those people who did a couple cover albums and people talk about it even today, because it was totally not within this guy's project wheelhouse. I wish I could remember the guy's name. He's mainstream enough that you'd know him if I said his name, but I'll be damned if I can think of it now. 

It's the... second (?) day of Chanuka, so I'm sure I'll get some pretty interesting things put in my hands. Much like the aforementioned country-does-rock CD. Time will tell what the next six nights bring us... even it it's also a 2016 live album of Culture Club performing at Wembley (speaking of "Time"). 

Enjoy all the oil.... 


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!