Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Looks like snow

But it's not. What the heck... yet another day I look out my window and see snow clouds with no white stuff on the ground. Florida is super deceiving.

Happy New Year, to any one reading this. Have you made your New Years resolution yet? Mine is always not to make one, and I seem to be pretty good at keeping it. *Big grin*



Actually, maybe I should make it a point to properly learn my Canon EOS Rebel T3 to be able to take better photos. I mean, my photos are alright. People say they're great, but I really don't see it. I just think my photos are meager enough to get by, and nothing more. Perhaps I could also pull out my guitar and learn that more as well. My problem is I don't have musician fingers, so it's a little hard to do bar chords with fat fingers. I try my best, however! A friend of mine can easily pick up the chords to all songs, so he once taught me Take On Me by A-Ha (he's an 80s baby). As nutty as it sounds, that song is pretty interesting on a straight acoustic guitar. My friend was so talented, he tried to do John Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane" on a steel string guitar (the first acoustic I owned. RIP Johnny). However, the guitar was so hard to manage, that the song turned out weird. We had been recording it for a parody for our friends, and the strings on the guitar were unmanageable. Tried as he might, my friend did the college try and played the song once the whole way through. We ended up using that take as it was good enough for what we needed. Some things happened and the neck snapped off the guitar a few months later. I ended up with a new softer string guitar. What did I know about buying these things? I just wanted to play.

At any rate, it's all relative for whatever you choose in your life these days. Be kind to each other and don't forget to leave the light out when you leave.











Cheers;



See also:

steel string guitars



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!