Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

"Last post of the year"...

...and it's just a dump of pictures I took tonight. I had bought a new tripod over the weekend (Targus Pro Series 3-Way Panhead and Bubble Level Tripod, 60-Inch) because my 15 year old Kodak finally bit the bullet, and it was time to get a new one. Good riddance, Steely.

8pm and humid / muggy and hot, I had some interesting captures. Between people coming and going, lots of airplanes, and a random firework burst, I think it was an eventful 45 minutes.

Attached to my Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera camera, I used Canon Remote Switch RS60 E3 to attempt to get more solid (aka not so blurry) photos. I kept the setting on "manual" and adjusted when necessary. I figured I'd try most of them on auto focus, and I have to admit, they came out pretty good.

I threw the pictures in Photoshop just to put my name on it, but outside of that, I didn't do any editing. Everything is "as is".

Outside of the pictures, I was thinking: I don't recall "seeing" midnight on New Years Eve in 3 years or so. Maybe the last time I saw the clock strike 12 was 2011 going on 2012, and no one died that night in some catastrophic world ending event.. at least nothing stands out right now. I remember going to someone's house, but after that, the years become hazy.

Therefore, it's an easy assumption that I have been sound asleep as the decades roll on, and the world counts the seconds down to let acquaintances be forgot(ten). Couples kiss, kids rub their sleep encrusted eyes (wondering what's happening).. people are joyous. Me, I'm dreaming of days to come and asking my brain how I can prosper in the weeks ahead without comparing my life to my past.

Just like everyone does when the year ends. We all get nostalgic and we all pray for a better future - even if we aren't the praying type. We put enough effort into that little positive bin, that corner where we hope we can perhaps push in the right direction.

At least one could hope, right? Either way, could this be a turning stone? Who knows; time will tell and we'll find out soon enough!

Pictures or it didn't happen:











Have a safe and healthy start to the new year, and see you in the future...


Cheers;







Rest easy, Peter. 
You were a good kid.
(PRM 1967 - 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!