Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, June 18, 2020

I wonder what they're using...

If anyone has any idea, please let me know.


But..


I arbitrarily noticed how all the show hosts are "cheating" when they've been using a pair Bluetooth headphones ... because they're sounding so clear on camera.


They're using lapel mics in addition to their ear pods. 


Case in point:

This morning Live with Ryan and Kelly were on this morning and since I'm home this week, I noticed something peculiar. 

Both are wearing what seems to be Airpods.. but in my experience of using the lesser known models, people tell me it sounds like I'm talking with marbles in my mouth. 

Enter the lapel microphone clipped to Ryan and Kelly's shirts. 




So... they're somehow turning off the audio from the headphones and turning on the audio from the lapel microphone. Question is, what brand are they using, as it could be a range of products. 

I'm curious as to what "normal" people are doing... how is everyone connecting to streaming apps and having crystal clear audio while hearing the conversation? Is there a magic button or side app that is needed to make all these video conferences seem like it's so simple, I'm obviously too stupid to figure it out?

I don't use all the apps that most people use - I audio chat with Tay on Skype because he hates using video chat (he has a Samsung Galaxy 5 that relies solely on WiFi... he doesn't have a cellular plan). I end up using the wired headphones my fruit phone came with (... the iPhone 5 ... and now add the use of the dongle since the iPhone 11 doesn't have a headphone jack), because Tay complains that it's hard to hear with the JLabs. Yet other people have said they hear me just fine during regular phone calls. It must be something to do with the WiFi connection in Skype, since the program compresses the hell out of recorded video. I don't know exactly; I'm not that technical. As I don't FaceTime with people, I don't know how the headphones work with that. The last time I Skype video chatted someone, it was months ago... when the pandemic first started. Rach over in England was having some challenges she wanted to vocalize about. 

I tell people I don't use other services (Zoom, etc) because I have Hangouts, FaceTime and Skype... if people want to get a hold of me for video purposes, call me on those applications... I'm not installing anything else. Or, just call once in a while. Voice chat works too. 

I guess that is it for now... any ideas, leave a comment!


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!