Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Finished!

 Friday night I finished Young Dracula. Because I'm using a Roku (3) streaming device, I ended up watching the last two seasons on The Roku Channel app. FilmRise's Classic TV only has up to season 4, so I wanted to make sure some other app had the fifth season before I got into season 3. 

Sure enough, the Roku channel had all five seasons. 

I do have to say, as cheesy as the series got to be, it ended nicely. 

I mean, sure, in some alternate reality, maybe a spinoff could happen or a season six could have been made, but they really tied all the seasons together with five seasons. There are a couple loose ends that really could have been a 16 episode series ender, but honestly, that would have been too much. 13 episodes per season is plenty. 

Yeah, there were parts overall where it was so stupid you rolled your eyes (Count Dracula over tried as a parent to Vlad in some scenes) and the Ingrid vs Vlad sibling rivalry was spot on for some families. Although the whole "girls suck" / "girls can't amount for anything" was over bearing. I understand the concept and then Ingrid trying to be a boss bitch, but there was just something off putting about that characterization. 

Plus the "mum's run off with a werewolf" ran it's course too harshly when they announced a puppy in the picture during one of the seasons. Said puppy was in and out of 2 seasons and forgotten about by the end of the series. Which was odd. 

Look at me, creating spoilers. Oops.

The series is made for kids with adult humor in mind, for sure. It's also 13 thirty minute episodes per season, so it's mindless if you want some background comedy. 

I'd probably watch the series again if I had time to kill and wanted to find some Easter Eggs or pick things out even further. But until that happens, I wanted to make an update saying I finished watching it all.


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!