Out and about this week because it's "that time of year" when back to school shopping equals "tax free items for the whole family" and we want in on it.
I may have grown out of the need for educational supplies, but we certainly take advantage of the random one offs - clothing (underwear, and socks the other day for example), file folders for recent doctor visits (to keep everything in order and by issue), different small things you don't realize you're dwindling down on.
While in Home Goods, there were a couple light up spooky benches that greet you at the front door.
This store, like others, are pushing the scare before August first.
Although cute, I don't have a yard to put them in, so they were not purchased. Plus, I don't have the scratch to get them (and they probably wouldn't have fit in my car unless I put the seats down). That, and being in a condo, I'm limited as far as what I can do outside. For example, I can't do any of my own planting or gardening (for as much as I want to), I can't have (certain) flags hanging (and it depends on size too), I just can't decorate year round the way my friends and family do back north. The community documents ([by] laws) say otherwise and there are a lot of "hall monitors" (aka people who enjoy griping and tattling on others) around to make life not so fun some days.
I was amazed though, by these benches. It's too bad they're not more widely available online. I mean, sure, Amazon has random Halloween decorations, but these seats are so hyper specific, they're being sold at certain retail stores (Home Depot has similar ones for instance).
More surprising, the ghosts are part of the Martha Stewart collection. The skulls, however, are "Magnesia", which seem to be a small enough brand name, it's hard to find them online, as gym equipment keep turning up instead.
Regarding pricing: I wish I got a picture of the ghosts price tag, but the skulls are listed as $169.99 (if you zoom in). It seems like this is the round about pricing for both, as online researching says the range is $169.99 to over $300 depending on where you're looking to buy them.
I know Lowe's already has their big blow up yard stuff ready to be sold, because we were there the beginning of the month for some home renovation items. As soon as you walk in, there are a few giant skeletons, pumpkins and other creatures wanting to say hello and point you to the fright fest area.
I do have to say, my favorite is still last year's DJ Skeleton; the 5 foot 7 inch motion activated Bluetooth animatronic that pumps out the bass and has you disco dancing in a cemetery all night long.
It's a "Haunted Living" brand, and I think only available at Lowe's, even though a keyword search on Amazon brings up other creepy animatronics.
Somewhere there's a post on my blog about that music maker, including a video. Just got to search for it and you'll find the reference.
I can't believe how fast the year is going, that every major holiday popping up these days, reminds us how we're getting closer to December. School starts in Lee County in another 3 weeks (August 11 for those trying to look at their calendars). Traffic will start getting busier due to busses and then snowbirds will be here (coincidentally around Halloween), which means more cars on the road around town. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, counting the moments for snowbirds to leave at Easter... then back to the slow of spring and summer. It's a vicious cycle.
Until someone breaks it, stay hydrated, stay dry, stay safe. Plenty of rain / flooding and heat all around the world right now, so travelers be mindful of where you're going and don't go into harm's way unless you're a storm chaser.
Cheers;
See also (aka keywords on Amazon to find the benches and other items written about above.. certain things don't exist on the A to Z site, but there are similar things to look at)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing!