Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Two hours, 45 minutes LOST

Having just finished watching Django Unchained, I want my time back. I'd say I want the dollar twenty seven I spent at Redbox back too, but in all honesty, I guess you get what you pay for. What I want to know is, how in the hell did it win Best Original Screenplay? WHY was it up for numerous awards (and won several)? All because it's a Tarantino film???

And if you want to pay for it, for the sake of being able to watch it on your computer, spend the $4.99 Amazon has it as, for an instant watch. If you're a Tarantino buff and need your multiple hard copies, sure, spend the $22.27 for the Two-Disc Combo Pack: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet version. But I do have to say, I wouldn't go further (like the $40.59 Three-Disc Steelbook Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy + UltraViolet edition).. unless you like that.

As best as I can summarize it (it's a B comedy, right?), it's Blazing Saddles meets Big Money Rustlas meets "I haven't heard the 'n' word used so much, since I stopped listening to Rap & Hip-Hop.

Set in 1858, "Somewhere in Texas", we see a group of slaves chained together, walking in the dark. They are blanketed. They look like they're freezing. The (white) men making them travel look like they don't give a  squirrel's nest. The troupe gets stopped by a dentist (Christoph Waltz)  because he's looking for a certain slave (Jamie Foxx). Gun slinging, name calling, and 10 minutes later, pals happen. Two and a half comedically violent minutes later, this "wow, look at the awesome cast!" movie made me wonder where the time went.

I somewhat expect it to be on Film Adaption syllabi too, for one reason or another....

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!