Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's the North Star!



















Well, actually, it's not. It's New Years Eve 2013 and I'm sitting here making a blog post. Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never thought upon, I am finishing my habit forming ritual and writing on the eve of a new year. Another hour and thirteen minutes, Americans will need to officially write 2014 on their paper work - checks, forms, etc. Me, I'm hoping I can just wake up tomorrow and make it through a dreary day of places being closed.





The joys of holidays, when you get the day off to spend with the people who matter most, but you also want to be able to do something. I find myself, often then not these days, not being able to sit through a 90 minute movie. Therefore, seeing the cinema version of The Book Thief is out of the question. I would love to see it, as the book was amazingly written, I just can't sit that long. With 20 minute previews and an 84 minute run time, my ass won't be thanking me in the end. It's going to be one of those movies I'll be renting when the time comes. I actually have a "short" list, but I also have a short attention span. Unfortunately American Hustle, Dallas Buyers Club, Free Birds, Nebraska, Inside Llewyn Davis, Out of the furnace, and finally August: Osage County will all join The Book Thief in a weekly movie fest on my couch. It sucks, but what are you going to do? Things happen. If the movie is horrid, at least I can say I wasted a buck twenty seven, and not 12. *Shrugs* Maybe I'll end up finishing Bob Dylan's 'Chronicles', and boast  for a few days that it took me a year to read it. Har, har.

Well, I'm making this short, as there are fireworks going off somewhere; I can hear them from my window. Truth be told, I think someone on my block is sending some off as well, as it's rattling my room. It's a balmy 66 degrees out, clear. I bid y'all an adieu for tonight. Happy and healthy to you and yours and catch you on the flip side.

Cheers;





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!