Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, March 10, 2018

All I need is hash browns and bacon...

and I've got breakfast on the cheap!

I had bought a Joie Roundy Silicone Egg Ring what seems like twenty years ago, but I have not had opportunity to use it. Seeing how I have the day off and wanted something "new" for breakfast, I decided to try my luck at making an egg on an English Muffin.

The only things missing were hash browns (or patties) for my side and some sort of ham / bacon on the egg. Otherwise, I had a substantial meal for quick thinking.

The ingredients list:


I followed the "three minute egg" rule in each step:
  • Three minutes to preheat the pan
  • Three minutes to let the butter melt and stop bubbling
  • Three minutes to let the egg cook

The only challenge with the egg ring and the silicone lid is that the little egg guy is too tall to allow the lid to sit fully on the frying pan. So it technically can't steam cook the top of the egg like it should, however, there was enough of the lid on the pan to allow it to actually do its job. Also, I didn't center the egg in the pan correctly, so some of the egg had slipped out from underneath the ring when I cracked it. 

My challenge with the cheese was I actually let it melt too long on the egg while cooking, so cheese went everywhere in the pan - I had taken the egg ring off when it was fully formed, so that way the cheese could melt over the egg. Instead of letting it melt for 30-45 seconds, I had it on for a minute. Oops. So when it came time to put it on the muffin, it was a little messy. 

Once completed, it was a matter of minutes before the breakfast was over and the egg sandwich was in my stomach. Was it good? Yes. Do I regret not having the "extras" you get at diners or fast food places? Partially, but who needs all that food when all you want is a quick bite? Will I make this again? Hell yes.

Pictures or it didn't happen:

Egg in the ring








With The Cover On






Finished Product









Stay hungry.



Cheers;





See Also (aka links not on Amazon)
See Also (aka links on Amazon to other products):
  • Hash Browns choose your own adventure - make them or buy them!
  • Bacon choose your own adventure with what you want
  • Sliced Ham choose your own adventure with the ham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!