Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Must be Sunday Supper... mangiare!

Again, I decided to make my (morning) smoothie and ask for some cooking music from Alexa. As she loves to surprise, I was given the playlist, "Italian Dinner Party".

Although this playlist is supposed to be curated by "experts", it seems as if there are two different lists going on: the one on the speaker is not the one on the website (for having the same title and image).

Why?

Number one: The playlist online says there are 20 songs, and there are only 13 showing up; I checked my account and in the music history, it also has 13 tracks.

Number two: The 13 tracks equal out to be 37 minutes and some change, give or take, if my math is right. The website says it's 59 minutes and 20 songs. The seven tracks that are missing, need to equal out to about 22 minutes. At that point, all the songs have to be around the 3 minute mark. It can fluctuate a maximum of 3 seconds, up or down, but I'd also like to see what songs are missing to make it happen.

Number three: the first song Alexa played was O Sole Mio by Mario Lanza (which is track 3 on the website). It was followed by Dean Martin singing That's Amore. One of the four images in the main playlist image is Dean Martin and "That's Amore", yet, it's missing from said playlist. I didn't catch the third song (I was running the blender), but the next one was Rosemary Clooney singing Mambo Italiano. Another song missing off the track list.

It was at that point, I asked Alexa to stop and got on my computer to start writing this.

It's weird how asking our smart devices to play something, and it does, but it shows up as something different online. The Alexa app on my phone says she played the Italian Dinner Party, the Amazon Music app on my Roku says I recently played the Italian Dinner Party playlist, but 4 songs I heard (okay, three that I know), are all different from what's played.

Maybe she will play something different the next time I ask for cooking music...


All in all, I guess sometimes nothing is what it seems?


Cheers;











PS: Go Pats. #Doyourjob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!