Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Take the easy way out?

Well... I got an interesting piece of sales propaganda yesterday in the mail.

I got an advertisement for a local Kia dealership. Which is nothing out of the ordinary by any stretch. However, someone in the creative marketing department took some serious liberties in making this mailer.

Why?

Because if you're not paying attention to the car sale flyer, you're going to think it's a promotion for Amazon Prime.

Legit: it looks like (what becomes a folded) 8 by 11 piece of shiny promotional information from Amazon to get you to know what's up in their membership services. If you unfold the paper, you see it's for Galeana Kia and they're doing a three day car sale. Which is bogus because I got the flyer on June 22, and the flyer is for June 14-16. That's a fail. Guess I can't get a free ten dollar bill?

Here's what I'm talking about:
(I cut out my address)

 

 



First and fourth image look like an Amazon envelope. Second and third image are for the dealership.

Again, who thought this up? When my mom got the mail, she didn't think twice - she thought it was for me because it looks like a Prime mailer (and Prime is under my name). Same font, same styling.... what a rip off. If my mom thought it was for something different, imagine what the rest of the city thinks? I wouldn't want to be a part of that team meeting when someone at Kia gets the phone call from a lawyer, looking for payback.

Chalk this up to "things that make you go 'hmmmm'"!


Happy Sunday.



Cheers;










Oh, and Happy (57th) Birthday to Somebody That I Used To Know. Have your cake and ice cream today and go crazy; it's summer.... no bussing for the next 3 months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!