Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, July 7, 2019

I feel so old...

... and dirty.


I sent a friend a picture via Skype, of an open package of M&M Peanut Butter. Hi Tay. He's got a strange obsession over the chocolate candies that are in our closet... 

The picture (via iPhone 6S) and comment is as follows: 

♫ Put it in your mouth.... your mother fucking mouth ♫


It was the first song that popped up in my head. I can't help it. This dude can be dirty just as I can be oddly dirty. We both belong in a special place of Hell... together... no less.

Anyway... I googled the Akinyele video, in preparation my friend doesn't know the lyric. Although my friend is a few years older than me, I'm sure he'll recognize the song. But you never know.... especially if you consider that I was a musically advanced 13 year old (when Akinyele's song debuted). Kinda.

Musically advanced "For instance": When I was 10, I bought Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg / Doggy Dogg Lion  on cassette tape when it dropped in November 1993. I remember I was in Connecticut and we were shopping at the New London Mall. Since the album came out Thanksgiving week, I must have been visiting the fam for Turkey Day. What else do you do during a vacation? Go see cousins and go waste some money. While shopping ensued in the normal anchor stores, I went into the record store empty handed. Probably half an hour later of browsing, I came out a new owner of Long Beach gangsta rap. Don't ask me how I got the money to get the tape. I just remember having it in my possession on the car ride back to my grandmother's, and I was afraid to have someone play it in the car - due to the whole "Parental Advisory" thing. But it didn't stop me from looking over the album sleeves. And as I write this, I oddly remember my cousin Brady making a comment about the tape... I don't remember what he said, but I remember there was a conversation about it in the car...

Back to Akinyele.

Come to find out, there's no "official" video, except a few random home made ones. One has lyrics only as the video. Others have the album cover image (a fork with a meatball, of the most randomness thing). But there's no attempt of a music video. How can you make one anyway? The song is about oral sex. It'd be taken immediately off the video waves if someone put it out.

After explaining my memory of Snoop, I have to tell you how I heard a song about sex with friends, right? 

Well... it's a simple story, really.

I was in religious school and it was around the time of a holiday, but for the likes of me, I can't remember which one. The song dropped in August of 1996, but where my family is Jewish, I know it had to be around Rosh Hashonah, the Jewish New Year, in September. Maybe it was the start of Hebrew School for the year... I honestly don't remember the time frame. It also could have been later on in the year... maybe December, so Chanukah. I remember the area of the Temple we were in, was dark... so it had to have been later in the season - daylight savings time and what not.

It was early enough in the lessons for the day, that the group of kids I hung around, were in an event room. Just hanging out and passing time. One of the kids had a portable boombox, that was small enough to play a cassette tape, but big enough that it had an output speaker for people to listen without plugging in headphones. Even though there was that option. So we all (big whoop - there were 7 of us) crowded around this little tape player, as the kid goes "listen to this....." and plays the song. We were all like "oooo.....kaaaaaay...." and looking at each other like "what the heck", while this kid has this big monster grin on his face, like he knows exactly what it means and wants a girl he liked in the class, to perform it on him. No joke... this kid knew what trouble he could get into and he enjoyed it.

Flash forward twenty three years and I haven't heard that song since. I was talking with Emily one day at work (months ago) and we were talking about stupid stuff. That song came out of my mouth... to then she showed me a Count (Sesame Street) video about fucks. We exchanged music notes. Forward a few months later, I send the candy caption to another friend.

I'm going full circle right now. It's weird how things just arrive in places when you least expect it.

Behave and don't do anything too raunchy...



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!