Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, July 20, 2019

I didn't know they covered it...

By "they", I mean Guns N Roses. By "it" I mean Live and Let Die by Paul McCartney. I heard the GNR version on the radio last week but the Macca version is in my head right now.


Anyway... I got a package on Thursday. I got my free sample of Dunkin' Shot In The Dark.

Remember last month I talked about it? I got it via Alexa and "Send Me A Sample"?

Well, it arrived. And I drank it yesterday morning.

No coupon was in the box, as I think some how it was opened in transit, but the can was still in good condition.

Honestly, even with it being ice cold and shaken well (because that's a serving suggestion), I didn't feel like it was "zomg.... must find and keep a cache in the house" worthy. It was a nice sip as I walked into work, but there was no hint of vanilla (for that being the flavor) and the espresso shined a little too much. This will sound so weird, but the burnt taste came through, for being a processed drink (not immediately made in a store).

I don't know if I'd jump to try it again. Maybe I got a fluke version and the other cans are better, maybe it's just me not used to iced espresso drinks. I guess I'd have to pay the money and try again, or do I chalk it up to "it's free; enjoy it whether you like it or not. Say 'thank you' and keep moving"?


Pictures or I made this up:

 

 

 

 











Pictures taken on my iPhone 6S (as my friend Tay says it takes "damn good pictures" [he's jealous because he's got a hand me down Galaxy S5]) and I blocked off my address of the mailing label plus a piece of the tracking number.









See Also (aka the albums the songs came off of):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!