Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pop n lock for the soul

I guess you have to be specific when asking Alexa to play "cooking music".



Yesterday I asked the hockey puck to play some food related audio sounds, and what does she start playing? Cooking with Classic Soul

 


Yup. She played soul music for a Saturday morning. Again, this was one of those "I want morning cooking songs; not 'I'm gonna get laid tonight' songs". 

True to form, the first song played was Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding. Next up was In the Midnight Hour by Wilson Pickett. The songs go on, and I'm still wondering what the hell keywords do I have to give this thing to not have sexy time music playing while I'm cooking? 

The million dollar question I'll always ask is, "What Amazon group curates this? Why do they call it 'cooking'?". Seriously; why are some of these playlists considering one thing and not another? 

I don't think I'll ever understand it, but I did get Alexa to turn her volume all the way up. I think I need to look into getting a surround sound system, bluetooth because there were points in some of the songs that you can't hear in the kitchen, even though the Dot is 15 feet away. If I can get a surround sound system, I think it'll also mask itself as a boost for the TV. So it'll be a double edged sword. Anyone have experience in this or thoughts, let me know; I'd be interested in suggestions. 

I guess that's it for now. Happy Sunday. 

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!