Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Someone didn't consult the calendar...

 My mom got an email yesterday from the local outlets. It's an ad for a free small coffee (with purchase) on National Coffee Day. According to the email, the coupon is valid today, "Sunday, September 29" but the problem is, 'today' is Sunday, September 27, 2020. 

The 29th isn't until Tuesday. Which is really "National Coffee Day". 

Obviously, they are running last year's coupon (which was Sunday, September 29, 2019), as there's no year date on the picture.

Yes, I screencapped it and yes, I edited out my mom's email address plus the outlet's PR person's email. No, I did not edit anything else. I don't want my mom getting email bombed or anything. Please respect that. I'm honestly posting a picture where the only photo manipulation is my editing out two emails. Everything else is as it came. 



 

So... this person who sent the email... didn't pay too much attention to drive people to the coffee joint. If they are sending an email blast to registered patrons, shouldn't they have taken the time to change their own marketing campaign and make sure the dates were correct?

Sometimes a (glaring) error like this, makes for high times in wondering "Who wrote this shit and why can't I get a job doing this low level of marketing?" I'd be adjusting all the dates and making sure things were correct before I sent them out. While I understand each store may have a handful of promotions they want to run during a typical month (because let's face it, this outlet mall isn't doing so well), the least the management office can do, is create a proper poster for a freebie (or percentage off). 

Guess I will be making my own coffee today and not going to buy a cup to get a cup? 


Don't worry; be caffeinated...


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!