Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, October 22, 2020

"Days when you can't see wrong from right"

It's been 22 days and counting since I received my Native order and I've been wearing the Cucumber Mint since I opened it.


My dryness has been trying to keep up. I mean, it did take a couple days to get my pits to acclimate themselves back to a different stick, but for the most part, by the time I get home from work, I don't smell awful. I actually can still smell the flavor by the time I shower at 5pm... a mere 11 hours after my first shower. 


Now if only other areas stayed that fresh! Haha.


So, I do have to make the comment about Amazon vs Target vs Native vs everyone else. 


I was in Target the other day and saw that they raised their prices. The stick I bought a while back (Coconut Vanilla) was priced at 11.99 then. The other day, it was marked $13.99, along with all the other flavors. The exception was a fast sale on one specific scent (which I now forget), and that was $11.99. They have the plastic free sticks, aka "the paper tubes" for $12 and change. I think it was $12.49? Don't quote me. I just remember seeing the price difference and was amazed it shot up. Maybe they (Target) is trying to push the "plastic free" sticks as it's the newest craze. Literally, it's a toilet paper roll with the deodorant in it. 


Seriously.


I picked up one of the scents to smell, and was a bit weirded out over the fact there wasn't that much protection around the stick. It seriously feels like someone took a spent bog roll, made it just slightly thinner (imagine the width of a Red Bull, 12 oz can), stuffed the deodorant in it, put a pusher on one end and a slightly larger cover over that, and bam, plastic free is the way to be. Unfortunately, it's not listed on Amazon, so I can't give a price comparison, but the Native website has it for $13 (while the plastic version is $12).


I'm unsure about going quickly to Target to purchase the plastic casing, if it's going to go up in price. At that rate, I might as well go online to Amazon because I don't want to buy again from the Native site, as I don't want a repeat of this last ordeal. However, Amazon is selling single sticks for $11.97, some of the pricing is different for some of the scents. I'd really have to scour the page, in order to see what price is what, and if it's a smell I think I can deal with. Because honestly, a 3 pack of one of the scents for $40 isn't a deal (however, the $23 and change for 2, I could maybe deal with). 


I think when I use up the third and final stick, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and find something more affordable and maintainable. I can't just arbitrarily spend less or more money in places because I had a shitty experience with a brand's website. I've actually been tempted to try Tom's again (but check the prices and ingredients first). 


Until then, keep it clean!


Cheers;




See also

  • Blog post title comes from The Kinks Days
  • I was going to quote db's Days with"All the days of my life"
    • Or even The Next Day with "On the gallows for me | And the next day | and the next" with the body starting "And another day".
      • #decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!