Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, November 20, 2020

I did a thing

 Last night, I decided to buy a few things.


$100+ "few things".


A couple years ago, I went back to Cali Boston to visit friends. We went to the mall one of the days, and ended up in a record / magazine store called Newbury Comics


I miss that store, dearly. I'd spend a paycheck or two, willingly, there. Between that and a bookstore in Brookline (plus a Trader Joe's), I'd be broke for a couple weeks every other month. 

I miss living in Massachusetts. 


Badly.


Anyway, I sidetracked.


I bought a Funko Pop! Movies figurine at Newbury Comics. Totally not expecting to see it. But it was Ludo, from the 1986 movie, Labyrinth. Dude... totally stoked to find it.. I was just browsing around, especially since I knew I had to control my spending, as I'd need to pack whatever I buy in my suitcase, or make my friends take me to a post office and priority mail anything back to Florida. Unfortunately, I ended up spending over a hundred dollars at the store, as I bought a couple db vinyl records, a Bob's Burger car air freshener and the aforementioned Ludo. And I ended up in a Walmart a couple days later to buy bubble wrap. Bright but not bright, me. I risked getting the music stolen or crushed. Not the best when you're looking to collect. 


Side note: you're going to have to Google search Ludo, because I don't want to start hotlinking to everywhere, as he doesn't exist anymore on Amazon. 


Whomp whomp. *Sad face*



But I can post a picture of the Ludo I own...




So speed up a few years to last night. I'm trolling Amazon and somehow stumbled on the Jareth Funko. Several of them (the "buy all three", midway down). 


Plus a Marilyn Monroe Funko, yeah, I have a problem. 


I should be getting them all in one box by midweek. Hopefully, as I decided to risk it all come together instead of 4 separate orders. I thought I'd conserve paper / plastic / etc. 


We'll see how it all arrives. I'm nervously excited to be able to see what they all look like and they all arrive in one piece. Plus, I want to add to the collection. It's too bad Sarah | Worm is not available and Hoggle is way too much money for one item... 


I'll update this post when I receive everything.


Fingers crossed...


Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!