Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, December 20, 2020

#dirtybirdy

I'm starting to get used to the Tom's of Maine Fresh Coconut Natural Strength Deodorant (emphasis not on the "fresh coconut"), I am still smelling like I somehow dipped my pits in patchouli, even though my mom told me on Friday that I "smell like pot". Welp; if I'm going to smell like weed, maybe I need to find a joint and actually enjoy the high instead of get a contact smell from my under arms? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


I have to admit, using it for a week, has paid off. I'm not getting breakouts with it or any other overly gross smells from it. Even though I don't smell like the advertised coconut, I find myself not smelling like stink at the end of the day. It's not a true 48 hour freshness either - the organic smell is stronger in the morning when I apply it. By the time I get home, it's minimal. Again, it's not a horrible sweaty smell, like I've been hitting the gym for 2 days in a row, but it's not maintaining its fresh point. Plain and simple. 

By 5:30 at night (close to 11 hours after first application), I feel I smell like stale patchouli. I don't know how else to explain it. It's not a horrendous smell, like I'm turned off from wearing it, but I also feel self conscious about it. No one has mentioned to me that I stink or that they smell my deodorant from across the room, so I guess that's a good thing. 

Another "perk" is that it's keeping me dry as well - where some antiperspirant (more on the natural side) sticks leave you feeling wet after heavy (physical) activity, I'm finding that I'm maintaining a decent dryness with it. Almost like I've been wearing spray deodorant. Although, admittedly, there have been moments where my underarms felt slightly moist (stop guttering). It wasn't one of those moments where I felt I couldn't continue working - I happened to have a hoodie on and working outside (in the Florida "cold"), so sweat was (and is) inevitable. The "good" thing about even the slightest wetness? It's not leaving a mark on my uniform, where I had read reviews on Native's stuff, saying people were seeing stains. I didn't have the problem with Native, but conversely, my friend Erica did. 

Erica and I were comparing notes last time we saw each other, and were sharing experiences with Native. She found one of the turn offs was the fact her clothes were getting slightly stained, and she didn't know why. I said that I think it's due to the other oils and "chemicals" the company uses. People have said that they noticed yellowing in their outfits, and Erica agreed; she was bummed to notice areas where the shirt sleeves meet the shirt, were slightly discolored, after a day of wearing Native. I guess I should be glad I didn't have that problem? 


Needless to say, I was at a grocery store today. I had another dollar off coupon for Tom's so I ended up buying the Unscented version. The difference between Publix and Amazon is $2.85, as Amazon is listing this particular model with their Pantry brand. Honestly, since the brand is working and I had another dollar coupon, I decided to buy it. I'm not going to continue to seek it out (since it's $5.99), but at the same time, I'm not going to not buy it, if other brands are of similar or more money and it's a crap shoot to see if they work. Hell, I almost bought my "go-to" brand (Degree spray), but it was close to $1.50 more in this store... which makes sense for Amazon to have it that price as well.  





It'll be interesting, to say the least, as the Tom's Unscented is claiming to have a "24 hour natural odor protection" and is "long lasting". The coconut is "long lasting" as well, but as it only smells like coconut in the tube, the protection is based on the use of the stick on your arms. Which, the long of the short of it is, they're right. I'm not gross by the end of the day by any means. I just am finding myself becoming self conscious about the smell. Which in no way affects the stick in becoming a negative. It's in my head that it's a negative, not in its use. Call me crazy, but I hope that makes sense. It works, but it's the combination of what they're putting into the tube, that doesn't jive with the label. 


Let's just hope this works, because Native prices have one up to over $13 per stick and I don't want to have to chase around looking for a better deal.


If all else fails, I just need to keep asking myself:

What Am I? Flypaper For Freaks?









Stay safe and unsmelly, y'all... 


Cheers;







See also:

* Amazon Pantry Deals & Info

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!