Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, January 9, 2021

I did a $100+ thing

 I ordered five David Bowie records yesterday on Amazon. On the birth of db, I decided to present a surprise to us both.


I had enough saved gift cards, that I was able to order 


All together, tax and free shipping, I paid around $133. Go ahead and call me crazy and dumb. I'll wait and take it. 


I also chose my Prime Delivery Day because I think they're coming in different shipments as it is. Hopefully they all get to me in one piece. 


I also went a little 1990s UK Jungle | Drum N Bass | Breakbeat Hardcore by testing out that little speaker I last wrote about. Using Goldie as a reasonable volume pusher, I found out that it's not truly wireless and bluetooth. 


Honestly, I didn't turn my phone on to test the latter, as I needed to show its owner how to use the speaker on her computer tower for video conference meetings. She's been struggling to hear anything that comes out of the basic speaker from the desktop on the floor, so she wanted to know if she can use the external speaker. 


After some configuration, I got it to work. It's one of those things where it has two wires: a USB and a 3.5mm. The USB is what you need to actually power on the device, and the 3.5mm goes into the headphones outlet of whatever you want to play sound with. Without plugging in the USB, you can not use the speaker. Trust me, I tried. There is also an on/off switch to turn the flashy lights off. 


I took a 30 second video, and yes, it is a tad blurry. I was trying not to get the stuff on the desk in the picture. It was done via my fruit phone.




Ultimately, the sound quality is pretty damn good. The light show makes it fun, but the way that handheld speaker busts out the noise, is actually amazing. You can hear whatever is playing from down the hall and around the corner, if you turn the volume up just right on both the speaker and your sound device. 


Would I seek this contraption out? Probably not, as I would really have to do my "due diligence" on researching that one site that carries it. What policies does the site hold for returns, failures, problems? What can I expect the lifespan of this product to be? Other things too. If I were going to go for a wired audio light show, I'd go to a local big box retailer or try my lot on Amazon. Same with the wireless. However, with wireless, I'd be curious as to what the range is. Like, can you have your smart device in one room and stream music from it across the house? If that's the case, just invest in some sort of home entertainment system. 


Which can run thousands of dollars if you're not careful. See links below.


I also meant to talk about the other day, how I went to Target after Christmas to check what was being discounted. Since Erica had gone a few days prior, she had texted me her "pits are going to smell like candy cane!!" because she bought the regulation sized stick that was on sale. Due to it being a seasonal / holiday item, I think The Big Red Spot was looking to do a fast sale on it, because it was down to $8.39 from $11.99. Not that big of a discount, but since all the other scents are $11.99-$13.99, this is a slight difference. I ended up picking it up to try. It's pepperminty fresh like an actual candy cane in the smell department, but I haven't started wearing it yet. I'll have to see how cool it really is. 

Side note, Amazon has a mini "in stock" right now for $6.01 with $4.98 shipping. Which is no deal at all. Especially when the mini is .18oz. This thing is smaller than a travel size deodorant. I do not recommend purchasing a mini unless you really travel a lot or need something to keep in a pocketbook, briefcase or backpack as a spare. Based purely on the size of this. If I didn't get the charcoal mini from my Native purchase last year, I'd not know how small the thing really is. I think they take the term "mini" quite literal. 

Anyway, there was also a half price sale going on with the body wash (that Erica failed to tell me in the text). If you bought any deodorant, you got a body wash for 50% off. Seeing how the shelves were pretty bare, with the exception of 1 charcoal and 1 lavender, I decided to go with the charcoal. Body wash runs for $7.99, half off was $4 the guy charged me. 

Comparatively, Amazon is selling a two pack for $21.06 + $5.42 shipping. Which again, is not a bargain.

This too, I've yet to start, as I'm working on a different brand body wash at the moment. I've used charcoal body wash in the past and it's surprising how clean it runs - nothing in my shower is black, as I thought soot or something would cover everything. At least that was with the brand I used previously. I still have to try this one. Plus, the  Brush Buddies Herbal Toothpaste I use every week hasn't stained my teeth either. So "charcoal" in forms of healthy living / cleaning, isn't that bad. 

Note: the toothpaste is $4.10 on Amazon. I found it in the Dollar Store. More reason to do research before doling out the monies, unless you're doing a one stop shopping spree online. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!