Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Another "[...] of the month" club

 I was perusing Amazon earlier and on the app feed, there's a link for the Vinyl of the Month Club: The Golden Era. It's a $24.99 a month subscription and you get "an essential album every month". This box includes music between the 1960s and 1970s. It's "handpicked by the experts at Amazon Music" and features the likes of "Pink Floyd, Aretha Franklin, ABBA, and more".

Although you can skip a month, I don't know if I can justify spending $300 a year to expand my record collection. Especially since I don't have my turntable hooked up. Moreover, If the comments / reviews are correct, some of the albums can be purchased cheaper through Amazon than in this subscription. Who needs to pay more to be a VIP when you can just order what you want, when you want, and not worry about unnecessary charges? 

I know one day I'll have the opportunity (and space) to unload all my packed music, but until that happens, is a club membership really worth the hype? Especially, if like people are saying, the vinyl comes in poor packaging? Although I don't want to jinx myself, I have found the orders I've made through the website, came to me quickly and without problem. No bent corners, no scratched covers. I haven't opened them because I'm not playing them at the moment, so the plastic wrap is still untouched. I'm taking a gamble by not checking them, however, I trust the fact that if the outside was damage free, the inside would be too. 

Quite the conundrum I'm in, I suppose. I'd like to listen to my collection, but with them all in a hallway storage closet, packed, I can't. 

So until I get a better opportunity to jam out.. choose your own adventure and listen wisely. 


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!