Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, May 19, 2022

New type of #branduse ?

 Fair warning:

I am using my iPhone 11, Logitech Bluetooth mouse and Apple magic keyboard to write this blog post. Please excuse any and all errors.

This morning, I was getting ready to go out and realized that I seem to have a small brand allegiance to Toms of Maine at the moment. 

Between the toothpaste, deodorant and mouth wash, I must be trying to do something healthy because surely the price points aren’t saving me any money.
 





I have to be careful with the deodorant, though. As with any “with oils” brand, I can’t use lemongrass oil (aka cymbopogon flexuosus oil) as I seemingly break out. So I’m finding that the natural brands with ingredients such as coconut are better, as long as the lemongrass is no where to be seen in the ingredient list. 

But… this Tom’s fresh coconut is fresh yet not coco-smelling. Every tube I buy under the “fresh coconut” label smells like patchouli. The sage label smells like sage. But the coconut smells like I’m a hippy dealing in other oils. Weird because even my mom said it doesn’t smell like coconut, and I didn’t tell her what she was smelling. 

The mouthwash is definitely minty fresh, but doesn’t last all day. Maybe the fresh feeling lasts an hour, but maybe it’s because I’m already half a Yeti into a glass of water by the time I’m feeling not so wicked. Who knows; could also be due to a snack or two I sometimes find in the mid mornings too. 

The toothpaste is like the deodorant. I can’t do whitening + fluoride + other things because it makes my mouth break out. I can do one or the other but not all in one. So it’s weird that this toothpaste I am using isn’t giving me trouble. I won’t complain if it is doing the job of keeping my teeth sparkly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!