Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Proves how much I pay attention...

.... to the "current" songs and movies...

Yesterday I was cruising along, going to work, and some random song comes on the radio. It sounds new, but it doesn't sound new. Like it very well could have been Pink trying out a different genre of music while attempting to stay on the pop rock relevancy channel. 

Not that there's anything wrong with Pink. I like her music and actually thought the song I was listening to was a new song of hers. Some new collaboration with a male artist (like she did with Rag'n'Bone Man last year). 

But when the song on the radio was over and the computer generated announcer say "Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper: 'Shallow'", I was like "waaaaaaaaaaatttttt??????"





I haven't seen any of the incarnations of A Star Is Born, including the newest version, of which Shallow is from. 

I really don't have any vested interest in Bradley Cooper movies or want to see Lady Gaga try to act. I mean, sure, she was okay in House of Gucci, but I was more amazed in the overall cast than any particular person in the movie. The move was drawn out anyway and I found myself bored. Maybe because I'm not a person who has to follow that brand or have one of their products.

At any rate, hearing Shallow from beginning to end was quite surprising. It's an interesting song, and I wasn't expecting Bradley Cooper to actually sing. The song isn't giving him a pass for me to like him any more, but I don't pay attention enough to some of the new stuff out there and just wasn't expecting this song.

I am tired of listening to NPR the past few months, and don't want to keep hearing the same 4 songs on the throwback rap/hip-hop station. So I channel surf. With all the advertisements the stations play, I hear about 2 or 3 songs by the time I get to work because the ad filler is way over loaded. I happened to have stopped at a station in time to play Cooper and Gaga, so I left it. 

It's different than I expected. I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but I probably would find myself singing along if I knew the words, even though it won't be a favorite song of mine. It is catchy enough of a sap country song to stay with you for a few minutes. It also isn't going to make me run out and try to rent the movie. I've got way too many movies to watch right now to make this one a priority, just like I've got way too many books to read to start using my e-reader. 

Just something to talk about for the moment and finally admit to hearing it from beginning to end with no interruptions. Let's hope it doesn't become a total earworm for me this morning, because it did yesterday, as I wanted to write about it then... 


Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!