Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, September 14, 2023

"We're coming from far and wide"

"We're singing a song to you
Gather us together
For cake and candle light
The red heifer is here
And cousins of twelve tribes
Count up all our faces
Divide up the cake in pieces
We've all come here to see
Happy birthday Jubilee"
Farrell, Perry. 2001. Happy Birthday Jubilee [song]. Song Yet To Be Sung. Virgin Records; Capital Records.



I've got a few friends who have birthdays this month, so I wanted to surprise them with not only snail mail cards, but a cool song in their inbox. Only a few people would like Perry Farrell (from Jane's Addiction), so giving them the first track off a 22 year old album would be dated, but then again, this would be going to friends older than I am. 


Through the power of a music search, I found a 2002 Psy-Trance remix of an Israeli guitarist's song, Birthday

Yeah, I know I just said I don't want to go 20+ years in the past, but since I've not heard of Berry Sakhoff, I wanted to download the song and save it / share it with some of my friends and family who understand Hebrew and also appreciate trance music (here's looking at you, Rach). The remix is from another Israeli group called Infected Mushroom, and is pretty catchy. 

You just have to understand to עִברִית (Hebrew) grasp the meaning of the song. 

Or just try finding a website with the translation.

The song is called "יום הולדת (Infected Mushroom Remix)" and it's track one of a three song collaboration EP called Birthday

I have found snippets of other songs, but only on Youtube, and with them not available on Amazon, I couldn't download the music onto my devices. Total bummer because I really was hoping to share cool new stuff with people. 

Sure, sending a music video link in an email is neat, but spending the time to actually support the music industry and buy the album for myself is a little better, because then I get to randomly share a song with someone.

I know, I know. I'm technically doing something bad by purchasing an album and emailing / texting a friend a song, but, we've all been doing it for ages. Let us not forget mix tapes on cassette. What was that? You create a whole new songbook for someone and they're now turned on to a new group. It'll be a win for everyone since the person may potentially go out and purchase more music. 

I know I have. 

Every time someone sent me something, I would listen to it. If I liked it enough, I would go out and buy either more singles of that artist or full albums. There's a reason I have a few compilation albums in my collection. It's from me purchasing the individual tracks over the years. 

Some of my friends look specifically for things I may or may not have, and they share what they've found. So birthday inbox surprises are a good thing. 

That's just me and my opinion. I know I've trailed off my original introduction of why I was making this post today, so I suppose I should wrap it up here and actually go get together some cards to send to people.

I've to to make sure they're postmarked within the next couple days or else the envelope won't make it to the home in time... 

Keep your mind open and your ears listening for the groove...



Cheers;





See Also
* Jane's Addiction music on Amazon
* Perry Farrell music on Amazon
* Berry Sakharof music on Amazon
* Infected Mushroom music on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!