Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Oops. I forgot to update

I forgot to do an update from the last post regarding the storm. My bad.

We didn't get total damage, as it was just some wind and rain. Almost like a typical summer storm. Debby didn't come close enough to the Fort Myers area to bring category 1 worries, but the rain and storm surge did do some local flooding. Although, we did get tornado threats all weekend. Since she stayed pretty much west of us, Debby decided to go up to the Big Bend and Panhandle region and touch down as a hurricane in that area (with some damage). From there, she went north and hit all the local east coast border states before ending up in Canada and New England as a storm. My mom has a friend somewhere in Canada and the friend said she was getting some of Debby.

I don't have any pictures, because I didn't go out that weekend. Due to not having damage in the community or commute, I didn't get pictures of that, either. 

But, they're claiming something else is brewing for next weekend. Right in time for peak season to start. I guess we should be lucky we just completed the letter D, as (knock on wood) it hasn't been as hard hitting as people predicted three months ago. Hopefully it stays quiet. 

Hopefully. 

It's been in the upper 90s for temperatures all week, and with humidity, it's been hitting over 102°. It's not pleasant, but "welcome to Florida during hurricane season". It gets hot, it pours for a few minutes, and it gets hot again. There's no in between or cool down. The ground gets saturated with water for a few minutes, some areas flood, and then we're in mosquito country with a heat rash. Great times had by all! Haha. They say it's only going to get worse over the next few decades. Maybe I can be out of this area before that happens. 

Maybe. 

I guess that's it for now. I need to sort some stuff out around the house and check some emails. 

Until the next write up...

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!