Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, August 24, 2024

A double rainbow does not equate a double album

As it's the middle of the rainy season, the skies have decided to routinely give us threatening thunder, lightning, active flood watches and last night, a double rainbow. 




I was on my way home from the gym (I've been using the community gym lately), and since it had been sheeting water on my commute an hour earlier, the rain had let up enough for me to go workout. By the time I finished, it was still a little drizzly, but I was able to get photos of the rainbow. 






All photos taken on an iPhone 11 and edited in Photoshop

Halloween is here, apparently. 

Every time I see this creepy ass doll at Big Lots, it fascinates me because it's that weird looking.




I don't buy it; it's $99.99 on sale right now, and I don't need it. Allegedly it rocks back and forth, giggles and has glowing red eyes. It also stands 3 feet tall, according to the website. It's too bad Amazon only has "haunted doll" as their decorations, because this thing doesn't seem to exist but for a Big Lots special. "Haunted doll on rocking horse" does not come up with the items I want, or at least comes anywhere near what this Annabelle knockoff is. But hey, scary decorations have been in the stores since the first of this month and I saw Christmas stuff already on the shelves somewhere the other day. In another week or two, the radio stations are going to start playing songs relating to snow and Santa, while reminding folks to be merry, bright and faithful. 

Can we please get to Labor Day (which is next weekend) before we get to spookyville, Día de Muertos, and why did we skip Thanksgiving all of a sudden???? 

I mean, we're halfway into bringing fall in our homes, and I've yet to find pine scented air fresheners for my bathroom. The stores (okay, the dollar store, really) are not stocking my favorite seasonal item and I usually end up with my own personal half pallet (so it feels and looks like) when it drops in places. Yet, every time I go shopping lately, the forest smell I adore isn't available for purchase. You know how disheartening that is? This is the one thing I get to enjoy about seasonal change down here since there's no active way Floridians know it's not summer (okay, maybe when the snowbirds arrive... the license plates are the "leaves are changing!!" sign that winter is nigh), and to not be able to buy packaged winter spruce, is a punch in the gut. Thank you, whoever decided not to supply pine anything anymore. 

On another note, it's too bad our local Big Lots is closing... because that plaza has seen quite a few things since I've lived in Florida. When I moved here, that store was a Kmart (and I actually worked there, seasonally and part time, when I was 3 months new to the area). Once Kmart left, Big Lots swooped in, and now it's flying out. Their "up to 30% off!!" sales aren't so great. Halloween "is only" 10 per cent, while most of the items are still 5 per cent. But... paper goods (such as toilet paper or paper towels) are still regular price; they're not going to be marked down any further and if you expect to use your "$5 off $15" coupon, you have to be careful because it doesn't jive with what's on sale, and they might not allow you to use it on the normal stuff either. Fine print and what not. 

The clouds are rolling in again. I can see them coming outside my window. Maybe I'll stop this and go to the gym. Read more of Rachael's book later, as well as watch another episode of Dark Matter on Apple TV. I am almost done with the series, for it being out since May. I should, at some point, get myself a copy of the book it is based on. It's another really good science show that Apple has on its streaming service. If you stream anything, look into getting Apple TV because they have some really good content, for the price going up to $99 a year (unfortunately, it's due to the MLS contract). There are some very creative series and since everyone knows Ted Lasso, why not continue to Believe?? 


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!