Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Woot! Only took 15 years!

Watch, now that I say this, things will change and come Christmas, I'll get crap again.

As mentioned previously, I have gotten the odd gifts from family members. Whether that be a watch that's too fruity for me (and one I can't tell time on), or just a note card saying "Happy Birthday!", I finally get something I can use: a check!

Since my birthday is in 2 days, I've been getting the "what do you want for your birthday" questions. I reply I want nothing, but sometimes, someone's mail slips in with an unwanted item. This current round of gifts surprised me. The part of the family famous for re-gifting, actually sent money. Now, I have two choices: bank it, or use it to buy the last book in the Crepsley saga. Odds are, I'll cash it and book it. I did have to laugh, though. The card says "Congratulations!" on the front, and the inside reads "So happy for you!". Handwritten side note = "On your birthday - almost 30 - 1 more year." Uhm... yea. I need to be congratulated because I survived 28 years (29 come Sunday) with this family, and come next year, I can say I survived 30 with them!

Who knows. Could be a positively negative way on wishing me a happy birthday, or just a friendly way to say hello. Either situation could work, but I'm just glad I finally get something I can use.

Cheers,