Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Never gonna give you up...

Never gonna let you down!

Ever want to just shut the radio off when you hear a bad 80s tune? Or the fact that you click (what you think is) a legitimate link and end up getting Rick Roll'd?

That's what happened to me yesterday at work, but instead of clicking a Youtube link, I walked right into the store to hear Rick Astley telling me he's never going to run around and desert me.

My immediate thought was "okay, where are the candid cameras?" and then I realised Christmas is over, so it's time to start pumping up the 80s tunes during the week, to keep customers happy with their shopping. Thanks for the cheesy muzak, retail store.

I guess, in theory, I should be happy I don't have to constantly hear Ava Maria or know that there is a Little Drummer Boy going pa, rum, pa, pum, pum. On the other hand, I have a strong dislike for 80s music, therefore I yearn for the 3 minutes I can get, when something from the 90s turns up (which it did on Saturday... quite a few times) or the minutes I get off the clock, where I can choose to listen to oncoming traffic.

Either way, this blog will never make you cry.








Cheers,