Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

"No! You can't bring him home!"

True story: My co worker and I (Hi, Emily) almost ran into a bird today. With a 6 person carry all flatbed, gas guzzling, louder than a screaming rock band on a quiet night, golf cart. 

Well, we could have run it over, but I was nice, and hoped it would rather fly away before we had to slowly inch our way onto the sidewalk where it happened to be sunning itself.

It was one of those big birds that likes to dive into the water, get a little jiggy in the pool, fly out, and sun itself on the edge of the lake. On a rock or pipe, if there is something available. Why this bird was dripping wet, 100 feet from the lake behind our building, I don't know. I guess the fork in the road where we found it, was the hottest point of sale for that moment of the day?

Who knows, but after taking pictures of it (and marveling all the same), I kept telling it to move out of the way. We happened to be going at a snail's pace, so my coworker, in all her infinite wisdom, started to get out of the cart. She wanted to try to shoo it away. I had to yell at her to get back in the car; she can not bring it home with her as another pet. Her crazy cat will not like that. Nor will the boyfriend when he sees her hand bandaged up. Imagine the conversation?! "Welcome home, honey. What happened to your hand?" he'd say. "I, uh... got friendly with a bird. I wanted to feed him and bring him home, but he made a lunch out of my fingers. Guess he thought they were worms?"

Yea, that's going to go off real well.

We had a good laugh when she decided it's best to allow me to slowly continue creeping up on the bird and it finally decided it had enough of the noise (it yelled at us!!) and flew away. Good; I don't need that responsibility... I don't know her boyfriend and this isn't the most opportune time to meet him.

But let me introduce the bird:
(taken with an iPhone 6S. WYSIWYG. First two pictures have been cropped)






On to some other news:

While on my vacation last week, I ended up needing a new suitcase. My rolling duffel bag looks like it got man handled by a knife en transit to Boston. The side pocket (which I had 5 books in, and was completely zipped and steady when I packed my bag) got ripped up. As in, it looks like someone took a box cutter and decided to start tearing it apart.

See video.

(specs for video: edited with Pinnacle Studio 18 Ultimate, generic muzak courtesy Pinnacle Studio, shot on iPhone 6S)



So as soon as I got home, I filed a complaint with the airline. I was offered two things. A: money towards my next flight. Or B: a new piece of luggage.

Here's the thought process: Although appreciated a gesture, why would I opt to fly again with no luggage? I asked the claim agent that - "How am I supposed to fly when I'd need a suitcase to travel?", and the agent agreed, and allowed me to choose the latter of the options, which is a new suitcase.

Therefore, I receive an email with a list of bags I can choose from. I was tempted to get another rolling duffel, but was persuaded to get one of those new 360° turning wheeled, hard shell suitcases.

What drew me in to the specific model, was that the video showed it being jumped on and not breaking. Indestructible, if you want to call it such. Plus, it looks like it can pack the literal sink. (see this YouTube video: TC8000 SEDONA 3 Piece Polycarbonate Hardcase Luggage Collection)

So inch to inch, I measured everything and did my homework.

I got this "indestructible" Traveler's Choice Sedona 29" rolling case. Arrived in the mail today.





















Looking it over, it seems really nice. It's quite, it has room for a Fiat... all it's missing is a key to the TSA approved lock. Since it's a 3 ring combination lock, you choose your own string of numbers and the TSA agent at the airport can unlock the bag if they deem necessary. I'd like a key to pack in a carry on, "just in case" I forget the combination. I'm not that stupid, I just like to have a backup plan. So if this is the only fault (so far), I guess I can live with it. That being said, I reckon I will need to go visit someone in order to use this new suitcase (if only I could get another vacation), I'll be all set to jet. Until then, I hope I can find a spot somewhere in my closet for this new guy!

Safe travels in wherever you go..


Cheers;





See Also (aka things that make me think of home):


See Also (aka the updates for editing software):

See Also (aka Amazon has the new suitcase):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!