Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, September 15, 2018

The philosophical sticker

"The leader has to be practical and a realist, yet must talk the language of the visionary and the idealist."
- Eric Hoffer
(1950's blue collar philosopher)


I found that quote online several weeks ago, and it makes sense, if you don't overly think about it. There are so many types of people in this world; all it takes is one person to walk into a group with enough knowledge to speak to the masses, and make themselves able to reach the simplest of the mind. You have to be able to converse in such a way, that everyone gets excited for you to be their guide. Using the correct verbiage means a lot, but also a "little can go a long way".

I could be wrong, given all the information about this guy. Everyone understands things differently, and this writing is just a brief synopsis of what I think Hoffer is talking about. It's not something to create long winded posts about, because I do not want to get political (and too philosophical) in my blog, as I understand I may tread too hard on some toes. I'd like to keep what readership I have and not create a lot of haters. You're welcome to search around the Internet on your own about Hoffer and make your own conclusions. I'll link to an Amazon page, in case you want to start there.

Thanks for the understanding.


Anyway, I wanted to post about two new decals I put on my car.


One of the (main) causes I support is Autism Awareness. I've always been curiously intrigued on how Autism is one of those neurological disorders that seem to cause such random chaos in humans. Because there's such a range of functionality in people with Autism, it makes matters more concerning because you just don't know if your child will have a touch of it, or have it be full blown madness. The genetic markers are in all of us, but it takes someone special to have it shown. Autistic people aren't bad people; they just have a different style of learning and talking. It's not bad by any means, but sometimes the ones who have it worst, can be scary to deal with. Trust me, I know from experience. As long as you give the person a chance, I'm sure you can learn a lot about them. The same goes with the ones who keep to themselves ... they seem to be the ones who are harder to "read" because you feel like you can't get to know them. They too, need opportunity to be understood.

So to get back to the decals. I keep alternating between wanting an Autism Awareness Magnet or some other decal, but I decided on the ones I put on my car today.

Autism Awareness Heart Puzzle Car Window Vinyl Decal Sticker 4" Wide (Color: White)



Autism Awareness Puzzle Oval Car Window Vinyl Decal Sticker 4" Wide.



They're nice, and I hope the Florida sun doesn't destroy them too badly.

Yes, they were fairly easy to put on, given the fact I had to search online for the directions (the mailer only comes with the decal). Apparently there are two types of decals from the main company, so it's a matter of figuring out which sticker I have (easy enough). I should have taken pictures of the whole sticker on my car before I peeled off the transfer tape, to show what it looks like pre-nice-and-clean. Eh, it is what it is. Maybe I'll buy another one some day and put it on.

Both stickers pop and look fresh, even though the second one is shaded in the picture. I read reviews saying they are both backwards when they are put on, and the oval one is lousy because the outer ring doesn't secure itself enough. I didn't find that the case; if you follow the directions on using "a squeegee or credit card" to secure the decal to the car, the transfer tape comes off nicely and the white decal stays in place. I ended up rubbing the whole sticker on the window and bumper with a credit card, in several directions and let it sit for 30 seconds so everything has a chance to gel (especially since it's 95 degrees out). Peeling the transfer tape off, I was left with a clean and crisp sticker. It works if you take your time with it and follow the instructions (that you find elsewhere). Truth be told, the secret is that the mailing envelope says "for instructions, visit our website". 😁😜



I guess that's the news for now. I'll post updates on the stickers as time progresses.



Take care of yourselves.


Cheers;




Hey Emily - "Life Isn't Fair". Although, you need this for your Mustang. 😏


See Also (aka the Hoffer page):
Keyword Search "Eric Hoffer"



See Also (aka information on Autism):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!