Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Wow, what a cost!

I guess someone has to make their money somehow?

Back in August, when I went to Connecticut for a wedding, part of the "bathroom basket of necessities" was an interesting mouthwash. It is a couple dozen little tabs where you only chew on one with some water in your mouth. It's by a company called Lush, and seems to be a more "travel conscientious" version of the liquid we all know about.

According to the Lush website, the Crème De Menthe tabs are a "solid mouthwash tab" that "fizzes like a mini bath bomb on the tip of your tongue—simply put one in your mouth, take a sip of water, nibble the tab, and swish before spitting out. Its stimulating double-shot of peppermint powder and peppermint oil leaves mouths tingly-fresh and invigorated.

How to use: Whenever you'd like a little oral refreshment, pop one tab into your mouth and take a sip of water to start the fizz. Nibble and swish before spitting out. Alternatively, dissolve one tab in a small amount of water and use for swishing."

I had tried a tab when I saw them in the bathroom, and because the basket of needs was picked through enough that people left the mint makers (gum, floss, etc), I took what was left at the end of the weekend. Luckily, the basket sat outside my room (I was staying at the house my last 2 days there). So, I took the mouthwash tabs home, and am actually using them at work. I keep the bottle in my backpack, and the days I eat something crazy strong in scent, I can pop one of these tabs and not worry about trying to spit gum out somewhere an hour later. The freshness of the tab lasts long enough that I can get by for a couple hours before I go home for the day (or start drinking more water).

It's nice that the bottle states the tabs are vegan and lists natural elements (oils). The interesting part is where it says "NOT VIRGIN. Bottle made from 100% recycled  plastic. Reuse it or recycle it at home". It also has a "packaged by" sticker that says when it was made and the expiry date. Good to know, but I'm sure that the tabs will be used way before their sell by date. And, it's "not tested on animals". The company is cruelty free.

Outside of that, it certainly does what it is described to do: it is a burst of fizz for your mouth. I think, however, for the price Amazon sells it as ($24.99 for a 1.5oz bottle), should I ever feel the need to try this (or any of the tab products) again, I may end up sticking to the Lush website itself, as the same bottle is $15.04 less ($9.95 on the branded site). All the more reason that if you see something and like it, do your research because it'll be less expensive somewhere else.



Proof or this didn't happen:











Go fresh or go home! 😃



Cheers;






See also:
Lush Ugai Mouthwash Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!