Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, September 27, 2018

It's just the power of....

... what, exactly?


Today I got to use a Canon PowerShot SX540 Digital Camera w/ 50x Optical Zoom - Wi-Fi & NFC Enabled at work. Along with that, I used Vivitar USB 2.0 Digital SD Card Reader to transfer the photos onto my computer.

I must say, the camera is nice. I took a video with it too, as I wanted to test out the quality - see if it was as good as the still photos. The video came out really good, too. I got up to the complete zoom, when it started getting grainy.

Sure, I tested it all out in the Church, but I had to be in there anyway, taking pictures of the stage and scenery for a department project.

If I could take the camera around campus, I would have. I probably will have the opportunity at some point, but I can't be greedy and use it for my own devices. I have to use it for work purposes, and can't always go willy nilly with it. This is the one exception, where I had to be some place with it, to begin with, but I'm sure my boss won't let me go crazy and do my own thing. Although, if I continue using it for department projects, it may be my next "on the go" camera. Especially since it's WiFi enabled!

No, I didn't test the WiFi part out, though I was tempted.


Putting the photos in Photoshop to put my name on them, I can't get over the level of "pop" with them. I didn't do any editing, so WYSIWYG, but still... everything seems so crisp and new. It's hard to believe the photos are untouched! So rad!

Like I said, I'm sure in due time, I'll get to play with the camera more. Until that happens, I'm submitting photos for approval of The Midnight Society (or just Emily, because I told her I'd post something).



Aka, "pictures or it didn't happen".




Photos of the camera itself, via my iPhone 6s:











Photos from the Canon:







Video taken from the Canon:



Until next time.


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!