Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, October 1, 2018

You take it on the run, baby. If that's the way you want it, baby.

Then I don't want you around
REO Speedwagon



I think today was the first day in a long time where I didn't turn the dial on REO Speedwagon. I don't know what possessed me to keep the radio on when I heard the intro to the 1981 hit, but I chugged down the road and surprisingly found myself singing along. 

"Talk is cheap when the story is good"... yeah... so good that this is one of the songs that kept me writing the (unpublished and infamously talked about) sequel to my (not so talked about anymore) story from 12 years ago. Yes, it's been over a decade and there's only one major reference to the whole thing on this site right now, and I'm sorry I took all those other pages off. I was stupid and didn't even back any of it up. Things happen when you try to wash your hands of craziness. One momentary lapse of judgement causes a lifetime of regret. I'm truly sorry to those who know the story well enough to push me to finish it. You small group know who you are. I'm thankful for you. I want you to know you were right. 


Thinking everything over, it does seem like the whole Hi Infidelity album pushed me through some of the pages of the sequel, if I recall correctly... and now that I see the track listing of the album (like Keep on Loving You for example), my first thought is "What a theme to pass through tough times!". I remember some Whitesnake making its way into the first round. Guess I partied like an 80s rockstar, writing some radio history, huh? I didn't know where I was going with the whole thing... just looking for an answer, yanno? I don't know if I can ever go back to any of it. Finishing the story, I mean. It took a lot of time and energy. Some dark road that I probably shouldn't go back down until I'm in a different place. Time will tell and wounds will heal. Maybe some new stuff will allow me to take my notes out, retrace my thoughts, and fill some pages with new memories of a somewhat interestingly happy (in a sordidly twisted way) past time.

Until that happens, be groovy to one another and behave.


Cheers;








See also (aka "What the funk is this?! 😲)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!