Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Gnome (if you want to)

Yesterday I got another Manchester United Gnome in the mail, ultimately, to go with the other gnome I got last month. If I get one more, I think I need to get a hanging wall shelf to display them. Haha.

This new gnome is dressed in a full United kit, and holding a mushroom as an umbrella. Not to be confused with the last gnome that is holding a checkered flag (go find the blog post, you'll see the picture).

The gnome was cheap on the site I ordered it from, considering Amazon is selling what is seemingly an off market version (aka not published under United's keyword search / official merchandise page) for twice as much.

It's also different from the two I currently own. Which I wouldn't mind having in the collection now that I see it. ;)

BUT... the gnome was still expensive; if I wasn't a member of this specific site, I wouldn't have gotten 10% off (member price) plus $10 off (due to a coupon). So all I paid was shipping. Which was still outrageous. I don't know why I keep ordering from this site because the shipping rate can kill you - sometimes it's as much as your whole order, where other times it's "reasonable" (I guess... and I use "reasonable" loosely... if you can justify spending $80 on one licensed team jersey, they immediately tack on  $9 shipping. So it's "reasonable". But don't forget state tax, which will be another % on the total order. It's a no win).

Although I haven't named the gnome (the other doesn't have a name either), I took some pictures because I thought it was funny as all hell that the shipping box was big enough to fit a toddler, yet, the gnome (and box) had 4 layers of bubble wrap around it and still had room to bounce around.

The interesting part was seeing a label on the side of the box, all about a Gatorade incentive. I'm thinking "I didn't order Gatorade... did they send me something different? Or did I get someone else's package?".

Upon opening the whole thing, like I said, I found the gnome wrapped in 4 layers of bubble wrap, and also a free sample of a Gatorade Whey Protein Bar (Chocolate Caramel flavor). It's nice they send a free bar (and a whole bar and not a trial size to boot) as it's "formulated for athletes" and I'm no athlete. I just bought a gnome to sit on a shelf... and if I get an elf, they can be friends forever. But that's the whole reason there's a label about a Gatorade product. They sent me a protein bar.

Still didn't make up for the fact the box was bigger than all the items in it.

I'll probably bring the protein bar to work this week, but not the gnome. He'll stay with his friend in my room.

I took photos with my iPhone 6S, so don't mind the shadows or the low budget quality. I didn't edit anything except put my name on them.

All for naught if I don't post them:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 







I guess that's it for now. Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. ⚘💮





Cheers;







See Also (aka post title is a parody):
The B-52's: Roam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!