Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Loosely translated: "O my sun"

But not The Green Book.

I was out this afternoon running errands with my mother, and we happened upon a store called Ollie's. For the family in Massachusetts / New England, this store is what Building #19 turned into. Or, it's how the store retired in Florida... under new management and a new identity (instead of bankruptcy). Maybe it's in witness protection, maybe it's just cruising for another life, but either way, I like to see what good stuff I can get cheap.

What did I find today (but ultimately didn't buy)? Proof that if you do some research, the store really does buy bulk items that are being discontinued. Why? I found a "BigMouth Inc Musical Corkscrew" in the kitchen accessories department. What is this, you ask? It's a corkscrew gag gift where it plays "O Sole Mio" while you open your bottle of wine.

Further proof that the bargain basement store has a few leftovers in stock, is that Amazon isn't currently carrying the item. See here. Even the brand's website (BigMouth Inc) has it out of stock / no where to purchase. So the $3.99 price tag I saw it at Ollie's for, is pretty much going rate, I reckon.

Sadly, the video I took doesn't quite do this interesting piece of drinking fun justice; I stupidly took my iPhone 6S to the corkscrew on portrait (vertical) mode rather than landscape (horizontal) mode. So the top and bottom of the box are cut off. Proof that you have to know what you're doing with your smart phone or you become dumber than your old flip phone (which can probably still play Snake).

So without further ado, I give you the video!







See also (aka: Keyword Search on Amazon):
"O Sole Mio" by a ton of artists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!