Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Don't mind me; I'm just a gnome on a shelf

I work with some crazy, but thoughtful, people.

On Monday, I got a little bag on my desk, left by some of the Program Coordinators that I routinely interact with...plus the concierge that sits outside my office (and always tries to kill me by leaving a file drawer open).

Inside was a very cute signed Christmas card, a Mud Pie sitting gnome (he's part of a 3 pack here), and a small bar of chocolate (seen here). Thank god it wasn't coal, as I don't think I was exactly nice to them a couple times this year (it's hard to explain why I can't put 200 chairs in a 180 capacity room for them, every month when a concert rolls in).

But none the less, I do appreciate these women and I know they appreciate me... I don't think they'd have even thought about giving me a card, let alone a present, if they didn't like me.

Even one of them commented on the Christmas thank you card I gave them. I had created a stack of Christmas cards to give to people with photos I've taken and a funky saying, and the woman said that she loves my card ... so much that I should be selling them. Meh... not really, I don't think there's a need... but I thanked her anyway because she actually made it a point to come down from her office on the second floor and into mine, without even stopping to say hi to anyone... to marvel over the card.

People say I should sell my stuff... but I don't know...

Anyway... side tracked.

(... regarding people liking me...) Hell; all I got was a text "Merry Christmas" from one person on my team between Monday and Tuesday... and I'm one of 5 people plus there is an office secretary and two bosses. Although, I had to run over to the office yesterday (I'm in a different part of the community) and the secretary wished me a Merry Christmas, but I think it was also to get me out of the office as I'm sick and she can't afford to be.

Yes, I'm sick. I've got the world's shittiest timing because I'm supposed to be at someone's house tonight (the yearly get together with a neighbor's family), and I can't go. I don't want to gift them what ever I have. It's not fair.

So I've been drinking as much water as I can, mixed with Teavana Imperial Spiced Chai, Oolong Tea With Cinnamon and Papaya tea. On top of trying to eat, although it's hard to swallow. It's that type of head cold. I've sneezed my brains out the first day, it felt like, and as of last night, I started coughing. I can't even smell the vapor rub, my nose is that clogged. I've even got a eucalyptus menthol aromatherapy shower tablet in my shower to try to get the gunk out. What we do when we're sick! Haha.


My mom just asked me for help with something, so wrapping up post one of the Yearly Yule blog, I give you the roaming gnome.

Both photos taken on an iPhone 11 (basic) and the only thing I did was take it in "portrait" mode via the phone and add my name via Photoshop.

 






Merry festivus for the rest of us... Happy Chanuka, Christmas, Kwanzaa, whatever you celebrate. Be safe the next few days because everyone likes to party the new year in.




Cheers;




See also (aka "gnome, if you want to")


See also (aka "sickness. Ew)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!