Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Mmmm.... Latkes....

Today was the annual Hanukkah get together in my house.... A small gathering my mother puts on every year, to invite friends over for dreidels, bagels, lox and latkes. And some other things in between. It's almost a pay back for a certain family, for inviting us to their Christmas dinner, but also serves as a general family hangout for a few hours.

Although most of the presents were gifted on Christmas (because, let's face it.. we are currently six days into the Jewish Holiday and some people needed their presents three days ago), it still is weird to be celebrating past the birth of someone's messiah. None the less, we lit some candles, lit the stove, and cooked potato pancakes.

Mmm... potatoes fried in oil.... smothered in apple sauce and sour cream....

My mom spares no expense when it comes to making her Hanukkah brunches. Or any brunch on a holiday. It seems like this is one of those meals where everyone comes hungry and leaves with tupperware.

For real. A 5 pound bag of potatoes got sorted out into 5 bellies, 3 plastic containers and a couple bags for lunch tomorrow.

Don't believe me?



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The proof is in the pictures of how golden delicious they were. All photos shot on a Canon EOS Rebel T7i. I didn't do much of editing except throw my name in the photo.

I also made a video in case I needed to add more proof. Again, shot on the Canon, but edited in Pinnacle Ultimate Studio 18. Music is "Tradition" from the Fiddler on the Roof original Broadway ensemble.



Once the palates were satiated, the cleanup of the kitchen began, and now I make this post at 9pm. Shabbos is over, children, do as ye may. Rocky's got his tie on, so he's ready for the next dinner party. Go play!



And because the decor is back in the bins in the garage, I had taken pictures of some of the hanging stuff before they disappeared.

 

 


I promised a few people the video would be live by the end of the night, so I'm going to end the post here, send the link to "the family" and get to bed... my cold is almost finished and I don't want to make it come back.


Good night!

Cheers;


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!