Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Is a friend in need, really a friend indeed?

I asked Alexa to play Placebo's "Without You I'm Nothing" and then "Pure Morning" because, let's face it, random songs pop in my head at the most random times.

That, and I was making a cup of coffee.

As I sat waiting for my java to brew, I listened to having strange infatuations with friends with weed. But now I sit and type this, I think Coldplay had some good points too; when they sang
"Confusion that never stops
The closing walls and the ticking clocks
[...]
Cursed missed opportunities am I
A part of the cure
Or am I part of the disease
[...]
Home, home, where I wanted to go
Home, home, where I wanted to go
Home, home, where I wanted to go (You are)
Home, home, where I wanted to go (You are)". [Clocks 2002. A Rush of Blood to the Head]

(Speed of Sound has some good points too).

All because it's New Years Day 2020 and I'm off work for the day, having spent the morning running errands. First Big Lots for not that big of a sale, then to CVS for even less of a bagful, and finally to Walmart for $35 minus a $10 gift card (making total bill of sale $25) and I walked out with 4 bags of seemingly useless used stuff. Well, not "useless" since I'll be using it all. Sneakers, cold medicine, soup (extra salty ramen. #goingtohell), juice. It all adds up quickly and you don't realize what you've got until your wallet is short.

I basically wanted to redeem a couple Emergen-C coupons, because Swagbucks has updated coupons this week (for the cold stuff) and another coupon site has the possibility of giving me up to $6 bucks back in my bank account if I submit the receipt for it. Fingers crossed, because I've not been let down in a few years.

New Year New You usually means I stay in my head for a few days and end up shaking the life out of it, and have it come back half a year later. It's like needing a (paid) six month vacation, twice a year. Things happen.

First post of the new year and I'm already getting knee deep into craziness that seems all over the place and is not making sense. Maybe the cold I had last week messed with my head. Or, I'm over tired even though I was asleep before 10 last night.

I'm weird, it's weird. I know. Ain't got no great life; what can I say?

Except, it's like John Lennon sang - "what have you done / Another year over / And a new one just begun".


Happy New Year!



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!