Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, January 11, 2020

"Nothing remains...."

"[...]
Everything has changed
For in truth, it's the beginning of nothing
And nothing has changed
Everything has changed
For in truth, it's the beginning of an end
And nothing has changed
And everything has changed"
David Bowie. Sunday. Heathen. 2002

Truth | Changes | Everything.

Not to be confused with Pontypool changing everything.

So I did a thing today.

I tried my hand on making my own version of a layered dip that I had previously bought in a local grocery store. The purchased dip was: guacamole, refried beans, salsa, shredded cheese. No where on the package did it say to heat and eat. Just enjoy with whatever dipping utensil of your choosing.

Well.... instead of buying it again, today, I tried to make a variant of it.

I bought "Good Foods | Plant Based Avocado Pesto Dip". With 35 calories per 2 tbsp, it had some really good ingredients... which I had to stop myself from eating the whole container. Cauliflower, Avocado, Almonds, Basil, Chia Protein... basic stuff to make a damn good sauce.

I knew I had refried beans (Old El Paso Fat Free Refried Beans) in my house, so the next step was to buy generic scoops chips.

Once I got home, I cut up some blocked cheese (Cabot Vermont Sharp & Cabot Havarti) as the beans heated on the stove. Add a smashed piece of garlic to that cheese for extra kick and once the beans were heated, mix the thing together in a bowl.

The cheese got ooey gooey warm and jived well with the garlic and beans. Mix in a little of the pesto (or just spoon it on top of the beans... like I did... use a scoop chip and scoop the beans mix and then spoon a bit of the pesto on top) and dude... you got yourself a party in your mouth. Boom. For real.

I don't have pictures of the whole thing mixed together, but I do have pictures of what the pesto looks like because I wanted to tell my healthy living friends. One of them said they were going to look for the dip after work today... I explained what I did, so I think I might have just turned some one on to trying something new... and I used to never eat avocados! 






So... I made it through the week. We all know what happened yesterday, in 2016. I wore a shirt a day for 6 days, starting with the Smoking Ziggy long sleeved shirt on Sunday and ended with the heathen Tour shirt yesterday. Which coincidentally, I had to wear yesterday, as it was Friday and we were working at the church. Now that I am currently working at a place that has a church on property, I do try to plan the birthday week around being a bit naughty by wearing a "heathen" outfit, on a Friday, in a church. I think it's funny as hell and a couple other people do too. It's just one of those things where "simple minds" outwits us all.

What is the breakdown of what I wore this week under my blue polo shirt?
Sunday: Smoking Ziggy (This is the motion picture smoker but it's not available on Amazon)
Monday: Ziggy Stardust album cover (the back has the track listing. Again, not available on Amazon)
Tuesday: Aladdin Sane album cover
Wednesday: ChangesOneBowie album cover (sadly, not available in men's sizes on Amazon)
Thursday:  A Reality Tour tour shirt (this specific shirt is a tour shirt. Not the DVD image shirt)
Friday: heathen Tour shirt (there is no Heathen shirt on Amazon. But it's the Heathen album image on the front and the tour dates on the back).


So I kept my yearly promise and actually had some fun with a couple friends I had worked with the last 2 years, but they got texts from me instead of actually seeing me (Hi Erica and Emily). Not gonna ruin it for people because only these two know the joke. :)


That's about it for now because I want to end here as I need to quickly do some things around the house before people arrive...


Take care, be safe and happy eating!



Cheers;





See Also (aka change isn't always in coins):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!