Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

"You're Celtic, United, but baby I've decided"

"You're the best team I've ever seen"


So I'm sitting here making labels for a couple blank CDs and I'm listening to Rod the Mod. I know I talked the other day about him, but I ended up getting the album "You're In My Heart: Rod Stewart (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)", which came out in November. And truth be told, it's really well put together. 

It's one of those things where I know I said I'm not a fan, but I know the singles. This album is basically that, and it was so hard not to sing a long with the opening track of Maggie May, all the way through to Stop Loving Her Today. 

The problem was.... when nerve was hit ... the album's title, You're In My Heart was playing.

It was one of those "Stop what you're doing. Wait, what? No; stop it. You're being a dumbass" moments. Here I am, trying to have some background music while I focus on designing some labels (did I mention I got a printer that prints on blank discs?). But yet I got thrown back a decade... to some craziness I was involved in.... much of my own doing, truth be told. 

It's all good; things happen. I just have trigger songs... random lyrics and chords that just stop me in my tracks for a minute or two. I guess I'm not over the situation like I think I am. I mean, I am, but there are just certain songs that jolt a memory - good, bad and indifferent - from the section of my brain that I've just shut things off from. A place where I don't want to go back to... under any circumstance. But then comes a wave of emotion, rushing back like a fast moving mudslide, all from hearing something trivially silly. 


We have have those problems... right?






Right??







Seriously... right???





I know I tend to think outside the box sometimes, but I certainly am not alone in this....? 

Come on.. someone in this group has to agree.....?



?



Okay, fine. Don't pipe in. I'll just go back to my graphics and think about paint and glue. "What a jolly boring thing to do"......





Oh... and I got a new bumper sticker: Attitudes are The Real Disability. The one I have is from a different group, but shhhh... it's hiding a big repaint job.....






Happy Sunday.


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!