Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, January 3, 2020

"And I'm gone...."

"...gone gone
Now I'm older than movies
  Let me dance away
  Now I'm wiser than dreams
  Let me fly fly fly
  While I'm touching tomorrow
  And I know who's there
  When silhouettes fall..."
David Bowie. | Dead Man Walking Earthling. | 1997


Jesus feck... the vinyl is $150???????? And "omglmfao" the audio cassette is "from $24.99". 😄😂



Okay... so I got in my head for about 45 minutes or so tonight. 

Not a good thing because I said something to someone in text that I probably shouldn't have... because I know it has the potential to be used against me in the coming weeks. It was to someone I've know for a little over a decade now, and we basically have been talking on an app a lot for the better part of 6 months, after not having talked much in the past few years (the person takes random powders... or used to). 

What's between us, is nothing more than commonalities. A friendship spawned from working together... what feels like eons ago. 

But I know that what I've texted this dude will be eventually used against me, because he likes to randomly pop in (his version of) jokes and reminders of things I've said... even if it's days, weeks or years later. There have been conversations, especially lately, where he just randomly says "don't you remember? Back when you were in Brockton...." and goes on to some random time in 2005 when something happened and it got embedded in his memory. Or... "It's like that time...." and he's telling me about an incident from 2010. I can barely remember last week, and he's spouting out things we did together...on a July afternoon... during a rainstorm. I can't believe how much he remembers and how much I've forgotten. I'm constantly amazed by the things he says, even if it's got nothing to do with a past event in our shared history. 

While I've been trying to write this post, I've gotten lost on YouTube. My friend sent me the video for Firehouse because I sent him a Robbie Williams song I have been trying to learn on guitar for the past decade (I suck). But then I got lost even further and found a Richard Thompson acoustic album that was uploaded to the video site. Thompson allegedly has three acoustic albums... and they're on Amazon... together they're $38.34 and it seems relatively cheap! I'm tempted to buy them, now that I've seen them.... it's a hell of a lot less than that Earthling vinyl... even though I want that too...

Damnit. I need more money in my Amazon gift card balance. Or a really nice friend to buy me what I want. Maybe I need a rich friend who doesn't care and will look the other way as I get some stuff I want.....

I need to go... I'm thinking too much about spending too much online....

Happy New Year...


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!