Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, April 13, 2020

*Test* *Test*

I’m trying out the mouse and keyboard again because I’m watching some TV series on Netflix with my mom. She got a phone call, so we had to put the show on pause and I figured I’d make a "quick post".

With all the TV news watching I’ve been doing lately, I’ve noticed one thing stays the same: Everyone is reporting from their homes and they all have the little white headphones in their ears. You know it’s not some generic white earbud, but the kind that is synonymous with a specific fruit brand (my friend Tay calls this brand “fruit”... much like he calls my phone the “expensive fruit phone”).

Now is the time for other brands to boost their game up for the wireless smart devices. Bose is awesome for smooth playing around the house while JBL is that thumper for the late night club stuff. Beats is becoming the runner up for the welcome mediator on combining clear sound with bass turns when you need it.

Name brands are name brands. Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba, all slowly stepping away and no longer becoming “the big names” to compete with the aforementioned public radio inducing, wine drinking, stay at home and listen to hot jazz, Bose. Outside of that, there’s the “once under the radar, now becoming the new contender in headphones”..  Skull Candy .

I’m finding a lot of people mentioning this brand when they research headphones. I did too, when I was researching new in-ear cans. I saw some average reviews for the in-ears but the actual headband headphones were good. I didn’t get the clunky rock star monitor looking ones, as I’ve got a weird feeling about them. I’ve gotten used to the in-ear ones, once I switched from normal over the ear headphones. Doesn’t matter the brand - they look clunky - the wide kind that would go in your ear. I like the stream line look of the EarPods, but can’t afford the Apple price tag.

Even when I’ve tried several off market versions (less than $30), I broke one pair because the charging case was junky. Another pair had the little speaker fall off. All pairs sounded tinny, and when I made phone calls, people either said I had marbles in my mouth or they couldn’t hear me all together. The pair I have now (JBUDS) are good - they're holding up and riding steady. I've been using them for well over a month now and I've charged the case completely all of two times.. even though the past 2 weeks or so, I've not been using them as much as I intended when first purchased. I'll probably get more use out of them now that I'm away from a phone line and doing more all-campus work at my job. So for now, the $70 has been worth the price of admission. And that's also saying how people say they can hear me clearly when I speak. So the microphone pick up is pretty good and the hearing is quality as well. I've still got to figure out the tap situation on them - one on one side = one thing, 2 on the other is something else. It's confusing but I'll learn.

But yeah.. back to topic of discussion: Apple is getting big bucks, I reckon, for all these shows to be using their white EarPods even though you can't see the name on them. We all heard the news back in the day, when the iPhone was new, how people were getting jumped over the phone... all because the white cord was a giveaway for something expensive. Now I'm willing to bet anything these white, bluetooth, wireless, in ear cans, are someone's new cash cow. All the competitors should be learning from the talking pictures right now and step their game up... come up with amazing in ear headphones and make the fruit brand have a run for their money.

Until then.... enjoy the music.



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!