Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, May 3, 2020

"But it's much too late for goodbyes"

Damn you, Tay... I got Julian Lennon in my head right now. Your 80's obsessions are going to kill me one of these days. *Harumph* ☹😞



Shh... don't tell anyone...


But I had a "go play" day at work last week.


I heard a rumor from Ground Control (oh no, don't say it's true but it is!) that you can use Bluetooth (wireless) headphones to listen to audio when you stream to a secondary source from your phone. Or at least via an iPhone.


Okay... let me back track a minute.


Since I got the JLab Audio JBuds headphones, I've been using them to listen to Podcasts on my iPhone 11. I've tried to make phone calls with them, and on Skype, my friend Tay said it sounds tinny. I tried changing the EQ the other day and he said it sounds better. Note to self: use the "balance" EQ for Skype calls. And make sure everyone is near their WiFi spray for better connectivity.

I had read somewhere that when you mirror your video to a second screen (like the TV or a projector), you don't have to use that source's speakers. You can use your phone speakers and if you have headphones (especially Bluetooth), you can use those.

It's all about screen mirroring and selecting the audio source.


Last week I went to watch Apple TV's new series Defending Jacob, which is based on the novel by William Landay. I figured no one would find me in the big event room, since it's closed off to people right now, due to the current pandemic. No events are scheduled, so I have the room to myself. Why not eat my lunch and watch TV "on a big screen"?

I hooked up my phone to the  Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter which gets connected with a 6 foot HDMI cable that gets plugged into the wall. Turn on the wall panel to bring down the screen and get the Hitachi projector warm, get my phone on to the Apple TV+ app, turn my headphones on, and start mirroring everything.

I've got a video somewhere on my hard drive that I'll have to upload later because I've got to go finish cleaning my bathroom - the chemicals have sat long enough.


Stay clean!


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!