Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, May 10, 2020

"I never heard an honest man use 'legit'"

For real... I know I said last week that I'd post a video on how I got to project a TV show in an empty room and keep the audio in my headphones, but legit... I lost the video.

I searched my external hard drive. I searched my internal hard drive. All photos from that day are magically gone. *Poof*.

Sorry I can't put the video up. I'll have to find a way to recreate it with another show during the week.

On a different note:

I was at a relative's house yesterday and they had a new toy: a JBL Pulse 3 Wireless Bluetooth IPX7 Waterproof Speaker.

I got a very short clip of it working because every time I went to take a video of it, people started talking. Having conversations not for airing on my blog.

From what I was told, there's an app you can download for it, and control it in various ways.

For example:

  • Change the color
    • Campfire and Ocean, among others.
  • Connectivity
    • Connect with multiple JBL speakers at once for a surround sound party
    • Connect to streaming devices (podcast apps, Spotify, Sirius, music app on phone, etc).
  • Phone calls
    • Use as a speakerphone

Honestly, it was a nice little speaker (has some heft to it, surprisingly), but I really don't see myself having a need for it. Some people love having the newest and greatest, and some people don't. I fall in the latter category.

These toys are fun but I don't have an every day use for it. We have an Alexa that isn't used but a few times a month. I have an iPhone 11 that I make calls on, Skype chat, and listen to podcasts (and take pictures because I don't have my DSLR). I unfortunately haven't used my Canon T7i in a month. I don't go out enough to bring it along. I don't have parties or people over to be able to show off and play bass pumping dance crazy jams on a bluetooth light show speaker.

If the JBl is for you, then you do you. I'm not going to stop you. Even if it's just so you can have a midnight rave in your darkened bedroom during quarantine. Practice the floor stare toe tap dance.
Something. But I'll keep testing these things when I see them and let you know why I won't get it and suggest you should.

Until then, stay well and stay safe. And Happy Mother's Day to the moms.


Cheers;









See also (aka where the quote came from)

  • An episode of Carnivàle
    • It might have been Season 1, episode 3, "Tipton", but it's been a while since I've returned to the travelling cirque to remember which scene the line was used in. I don't think it was season 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!