Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, March 6, 2022

"But when worlds collide..."



Okay, so I'm not watching Rocky Horror Picture Show, but I have a couple lines from Science Fiction Double Feature in my head right now. 

I think it's because of everything going on in the world right now... between Russia invading Ukraine (and countries are trying to help Ukraine... just in support and backing... unless WWIII starts any minute), the Coronavirus still happening, weather is crazy (it's been hitting 90 degrees here the last few days while it's been snowing in New England), there's something going on we're not totally privy to. 

It's probably because I recently picked up the album (at the library) POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR by Bring Me The Horizon. I had skipped around the CD and the first song I listened to was Parasite Eve, which is a title of a video game (so I read somewhere). Unfortunately, the song is about the current health problem in the world, as the song was written during lockdown. 

This was actually the first time I have heard of the band. Listening to a few more songs, they stick to the metalcore genre. I'm no avid fan of the metal and submetal music, but I do listen to more mainstream bands every so often. Hearing this new group, especially when they attach themselves to a worldly problem, is interesting. As it seems everyone got on the "we have nothing else to do but make a home record now" bus (see Elton JohnDebórah BondEric ClaptonMick Jagger & Dave Grohl, and so many more that I don't want to start hyperlinking to everyone). 

So ... Bring Me The Horizon has some interesting band logos online. It seems they take their inspiration from spiritual items, but it doesn't seem they are a religious group. The images bring on a dark connotation because I think they aren't meant to be a pop group, so they have to have a brand that people will recognize. Considering their website has what looks like someone's body part got an actual brand. The pictures on the skin are two ying yangs, a bat, crescent moon and their main atom star logo. I don't know how to describe the atom star. But as a warning, it's graphic. See it here

But... the atom is not an atom. As I looked for an explanation of the logo, I searched what it was. It's called "unicursal hexagram" and other bands / people / things have used something similar. 

More web searches, the band also frequently uses a lot of geometric patterns (circular) and an umbrella with raindrops. It seems the hexagram is their main picture. 

You learn something new every day. I think I'd look in to more of their albums to purchase just to give them a try. I don't know if I'd see them in person, as the local music hall is way too friggin tiny for this size of boom. Trust me... I have learned that lesson the hard way when I went to the Dio concert (and other big drum use shows). If I were still up north, I'd think about seeing them perform. I wouldn't call myself an immediate fan and go run to every concert and buy all the merch, but I would definitely give them another listen.

Until my ears start bleeding...

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!